Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Then And Now # 42 - Knudsen

Knudsen produces great dairy products, and some really great recipes can be found in some of their vintage cookbooks, like this one from 1953:
Here's another one from 1957:
On the back, a look at the products from that year:
Their ice cream offerings in 1959. Yum:
Another booklet from 1961:
And yet another look at their available products in that year:

The coffee cake that we have every Christmas morning is from one of those great old recipe booklets. It's fabulous. And I do use their sour cream, shown in the ad below from 2008:

And the "Now"? How about this current magazine advertisement:
Another "Now" would be this cottage cheese, which is in our refrigerator right now. I LOVE it - I always have some on hand. It's one of my favorite things to have for lunch, with some canned tuna or some turkey:

As a matter of fact, I will probably have some for lunch today!

3 comments:

yosemite faith said...

no knudsen in michigan heidi ho - but when i moved to calif - we liked that brand too. but being back in michigan we have some old faves that we could not get in calif so it kind of evens out. mmmmmm coffee cake - christmas morning - mmmmmmm!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

They don't have this brand here:( I am sad because you make it sound so good! Twyla

Kim G. said...

I'm a complete Knudsen snob!!