Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Ideal Painting Kit

This vintage painting kit was stored up high in a closet here in the house. It is dated 1945 , and it's pretty darned cool!
I imagine my husband and his brother played with it when they were little:
Other than the paint that is all dried up now (in the jars you can see at the bottom of the box), the only thing that appears to have been used is the little palette and some of the pictures :
It is fairly large, with the box measuring 14 by 21 inches.
"The Ideal Painting Kit", indeed!

3 comments:

yosemite faith said...

you are correct - very cool! i found my moms 'professional' charcoal and also her pastels - i kept them and hopefully they are still stashed away in the attic there.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You just never know What you are going to find stored in Your house! I wish I lived in a house like that! Pretty Awesome! Twyla

Anthony said...

I couldn't paint or draw to save my life, but this gem of a kit would have me trying! Why don't they make things like this anymore?

Boy, Heidi, you didn't just move into that house, you moved into a vintage wonderland!