Saturday, July 11, 2009

What's Penny Wearing? #3

What Penny's wearing today is a vintage sun dress by Gunne Sax by Jessica (McClintock). I wore this outfit to at least two weddings in the late 70's and early 80's.


Coincidentally, the two weddings were each held at California State Parks - one at Columbia State Park, and the other at Empire Mine State Historic Park in Grass Valley. I am EXTREMELY upset about the prospect/probability that so many of our state parks may be closed to save money. I can't even go there. Because I can't bear the thought of NOT being able to "go there"! (Columbia will still be there, of course - but places are already closing, and it just won't be the same. It's really very sad.)

5 comments:

yosemite faith said...

penny lane looks great as i am sure you did. i went to a wedding at big trees - calaveras state park - it was by the river and was wonderful. california is going thru so much since i moved away - here is one michigander that is hoping for the 'flip side' to happen sooner than later for california. we wish we could all be california girls.......

Witchcrafted Life said...

So, so beautiful! I'm definitely a mid-century vintage loving gal first and foremost, but I've got this Strawberry Fields meets Stevie Nicks part of my fashion souls that absolutely melts for sweetly awesome outfits like this one.

Big hugs!
♥ Jessica

jungle dream pagoda said...

yummy! I would wear that today ,if it was in my closet!

Heidi Ann said...

I would too, if it fit me - but it doesn't - and it is in my closet anyway!

Unknown said...

I agree. If and/or when they close, that's something we can never get back!