Monday, July 6, 2009

Needlepoint Roses

I found all of these at different times, in different places. This first one was just the needlework, glued to cardboard, which I got at a weird little "sale" that was set up on a table next to a gas station here in town years ago. I managed to find a frame that fit it perfectly. I love the gold thread woven into the backing:
And then when I found this framed piece, it just seemed to me that they belonged together:
And I don't even remember where I got this one - I just loved the pretty roses:
And I picked this one up at a thrift shop. It needs an oval frame with a vintage look- haven't found the right one yet:

I think I will pick up just about anything if it has pretty roses on it! I can't resist them.

2 comments:

yosemite faith said...

there are things i love about each one. they go toether and yet stand alone - great finds heidi ho!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a pretty collection you have! I would love to find some needlepoint pieces, but haven't been lucky enough to find nice ones that aren't soiled. Twyla