Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Love Strawberries!

LOVE them! Almost every day, I have been having strawberries from our local farmer's market with my yogurt for breakfast. It's my favorite breakfast (although I also love blueberries, but they are more expensive here.) Here they are in one of my latte bowls from Anthropologie. Underneath everything you can see the lovely tea towel I received recently from Twyla:
A lovely illustration from an old book:
Strawberry sherbet from Farm Journal's Freezing and Canning Cookbook:
From The Kerr Home Canning Guide (1948), canning or preserving strawberries:
And, last - but not least - Strawberry Shortcake from Better Homes and Gardens Dessert Cookbook (1960):
YUM.
P.S. Today marks my 600th post on this blog! I have actually posted every single day for over a year now.
Surely, I will run out of things to say at some point....

11 comments:

yosemite faith said...

congrats on your 600th post!!! i am just finishing my strawberries this morning as well. i love all berries - its that time of the year!

Tina Dawn said...

Happy #600. We have quite a few strawberries ripe now, we have them in our garden and also in two strawberry jars. So easy to grow. But the slugs like them too and the birds. I usually get enough for a cup a day, which is about the right amount anyway. My DH thinned them out late this spring and now two of our neighbors have patches and some of those went into the strawberry jars. My dear friend Cindy and her DH Bruce work at the Strawberry Music Festival near Yosemite twice a year and Cindy collects strawberry items for their 5th wheel trailer, her birthday is July 10th so I have a collection of things I have found since Christmas saving for her birthday. I guess I need to dig them out and wrap them up for her. This was a good reminder. Again, happy 600th post. It is a lot of fun reading your blog. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Congratulations on your 600th! I don't think there are many bloggers who can say that! I hope you never run out of fascinating things to show us, I love them all! Twyla

The Viewliner Limited said...

Absolutely my favorite fruit. I hope your family has a Happy 4th of July. Have fun! Richard.

The Viewliner Limited said...

Oh yeah, HAPPY 600th!!!

barbara said...

Every single day? You are an inspiration. I have the same towel that Twyla was giving away - I didn't enter her giveaway so someone else could have one, so I'm glad it's you! One more thing we have alike.

Anthony said...

Wow, 600 posts!
You GO, girl!
I don't know how you do it...? I'm lucky if I can do 1 or 2 a week, lately. You are certainly an inspiration to the rest of us bloggers!

Keep up the good work! :)

Anthony said...

Oh, and I also really like strawberries. Your pics are making me want some, right NOW!

Witchcrafted Life said...

There are few fruits finer than a really good strawberry - so versatile as an ingredient and yet so perfect on its own as well!


Many happy congrats on your 600th post, that's absolutely amazing! Here's to wishing you tons and tons more! :)


Have a splendid weekend, my dear!
♥ Jessica

Anonymous said...

Ok, Heidi, you are one of my longest and dearest friends, so you know I mean this in the best possible way - you will NEVER run out of things to say! =D

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary, Heidi!