Thursday, July 9, 2009

Peter Max

You know me - I'm always finding something else that I had stashed away for years. Another recent example of that is this Peter Max Wrangler label. Obviously, I saved it simply because it was Peter Max! Too neat to throw away. Story of my life. The only thing I could think of was that I did have some jeans in high school that were bright red with white pockets and waistband. I remember wearing them to the El Dorado County Fair.
So, I did a little research on eBay, and look what I found - these sold recently for $73! Whoa.
I didn't save the jeans, but I DO still have my Peter Max Poster Book!
With all of the posters still intact inside - like this great one "don't smoke cigarettes".....
And this one he created for NBC:
Oh, yes, I am awfully glad that I saved so many of the things I did. I just wish I had MORE Peter Max stuff!
I love Peter Max.

3 comments:

yosemite faith said...

love love love peter max. think i have told you before that i had a puzzle of his and also some tights (purple with peter max 'highlights' - wonderful.

Queenly Things said...

I love Peter Max art. There was an ad he did what was it? 7-up? I thought he was the epitome of hip!!!!

jungle dream pagoda said...

We are also PM fans . I have a scarf and a 1990-ish piece he did that we have framed . I have not put it up yet because it is soooooo small . I am having an issue finding art large enough.