Wednesday, December 31, 2008

From An Old Calendar

On this, the evening when you may toss out this year's calendar and begin anew with one for the year ahead, I thought I would show you
these images from a 1926 calendar I found at a yard sale. A small calendar booklet, it measures only 2&1/2 by 4 inches, and it's Italian - printed in that language in Italy. I love some of the images contained within. I call them "The Well-Dressed Couple":
"The Manicure":
"The Well-Coiffed Lady In Her Ball Gown":
and "The Greek Bathing Beauty"
Aren't they lovely? Have a safe and festive New Year's Eve!

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

The roses on the lady's skirt look like Mary Engelbreit flowers. What great illustrations. I am glad that the person who had it didn't toss that calendar, but left it for you to find. Have a great New Year's Eve. Love T

The Viewliner Limited said...

Thanks for all the cool stuff you have posted this year Heidi. They are all appreciated. Happy New Year, Richard

Twyla and Lindsey said...

The calendar images are beautiful. I hope you and your family have a safe, happy New Year! Twyla

Anonymous said...

Hi there...thanks for visiting our blog. I love this old calendar. Where ever did you find the letters in the masthead of your blog? They are divine. See you 'round blog-land. Lisa