Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our Christmas Home - Christmas Trees

Glimpses of Christmas around the house, featuring trees. I can't get a picture of our big tree that shows what it looks like in person, so I gave up on that. This first photo is in our foyer. There is no electrical outlet there, so it has to be all about reflecting in the mirror. I have a few battery operated votives that make it look pretty at night:
This pink painted wicker tree was in our basement when we moved in here 9 years ago. I was like - pink wicker, huh? that's, um, - interesting.... But then, this year, I thought of something to do with it! I placed in in the window of our pink and blue vintage 40's bathroom , and I love how it looks!
My Barbie tree. The larger green tabletop tree that I used to use broke, so it hasn't been quite the same since, but I still enjoy it.

And then- to indulge my love of felt and sequins - A Christmas tree to hold holiday cards:
This is the shimmer tree on my revolving stand. Mirrored ornaments, a mirror and light behind it, and a mirror beneath for added sparkle as it spins:
And this little tree was given to me by my sister for my first Christmas when I lived alone. I was living in an old rented trailer, and she gave it to me to be sure I had a Christmas tree in my own home that year. I love it. This is on my bedside table, which is actually a small antique dressing table:

So, that's it for today -little trees.

8 comments:

Lorlore said...

It all looks magical! I can't wait to come and enjoy! Only 4 more days!! Lori

Celestial Charms said...

All your trees are lovely, but my favorite has to be the pink one with the angels sitting in a row beneath. Great collection of angels.

Unknown said...

I think my favorite is the card holder--I love felt & sequins too! Always have and I think I always will. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the pink wicker - I can see where it would be questionable on first sight, but it's just great!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Barbie tree!!!!!!
You have some ornaments that I don't! Like the black and white striped bathing suit one and the midge in the blue and white dress!
And that other pink tree with the angels below it is so sweet and lovely! Wow i'm in tree heaven over here!
Merry Christmas, Lindsey

Tina Dawn said...

I am bringing my camera and I am taking pictures of everything. I just can't wait to see it. And smell and eat the turkey, and hug and kiss everybody. Oh boy, Christmas! Love T

Holly Hall said...

Such pretty little scenes everywhere. I have a serious thing for felt and sequins too! I've even started making net hostess aprons with felt and sequin designs. Happy Christmas to you!

jungle dream pagoda said...

Oh gosh how I love that pink scene with the crazy wicker tree!!
...again I am drooling!!
You must have such fun every year!!!