Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Christmas Books - Part Four - The Night Before Christmas

On this, the day of The Night Before Christmas, I decided to share some of my books which feature the story "A Visit From St. Nicholas" by Clement Clarke Moore. First up: this big Whitman book with the "fuzzy" cover, published in 1958 , with illustrations by Florence Sarah Winship:
We have a weather vane similar to the one shown on the first page of the story below, atop our garage! (Ours has two horses.)

(My books number so many that I had to remove other books
from my shelves to display some of my Christmas books this year.)
Next up is Tasha Tudor's lovely version, published in 1999, and featuring her beloved Corgis!
A Little Golden Book from 1949, with illustrations by Corinne Malvern:
Another LGB, this one with Eloise Wilkin's adorable children, from 1955:
And another , published by Whitman in 1960, with beautiful illustrations by Catherine Barnes:
And, even though this last one isn't a book, I felt I needed to include the sheet music featuring Rosemary Clooney (whom I ADORE) and Gene Autry:

"Happy Christmas To All And To All A Good Night!"

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Merry Christmas to you! I love Santa's green mittens on the first book. Very nice, and they look warm. Well, off to make my pies. I decided on pumpkin, apple and cranberry/walnut. See you soon. Love T

The Viewliner Limited said...

A Christmas message from Richard on board the Viewliner Limited:

May this Christmas end the present year on a cheerful note
and make way for a fresh and bright new year.

Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Denise said...

Boy, those books sure bring back memories!

Merry Christmas!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Once again, I am so impressed with your collection! Twyla

Mags said...

Oh, the fuzzy book! Any chance of more illustrations/pages from this book from my childhood?