Monday, December 1, 2008

My Earliest Christmases

I'd like to introduce you to my single oldest possession. He was given to me on my very first Christmas - I was two months old. Meet Raffy:
See? He is listed here in my baby book under Gifts Received "stuffed spotted giraffe". Poor Raffy - he is old and worn now, just like me!

And on my second Christmas, I got a crib-rail train and a musical teddy bear:
Here is a print of one of the color slides Mother mentioned in the book:
Yep, that's just me, hangin' with Teddy in my "Crib".

8 comments:

Celestial Charms said...

What beautiful Christmas memories to look back on. I too, have a baby book that my Mom jotted down some thoughts. However not a mention about Christmas. Thanks for sharing such a treasure. And you were a beautiful baby!

Heidi Ann said...

That is very sweet - thank you so much!!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

This is so sweet! How wonderful that you mother wrote down the events. What a memory maker and such a joyful treasure.

Look how cute you are!!!!!

((hugs))
Becky

Karen Jo said...

So sweet! And you still are! Love, Deb

Elizabeth Fedorko said...

I love Raffy! I wanna Raffy! I NEED a Raffy!~~~XXOO, Beth

Twyla and Lindsey said...

It's so great that you still have Raffy. It's great that your mom wrote down all these things for you to look back on. You look adorable in your crib. Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

I remember the year you got the crib train and we lived in the rental in Placerville. I have a very funny story about a 6 year old trying to get to the bathroom with her grandpa sleeping in the hallway (? that's the way I remember it) and the surprise her mother found in the clothes hamper the next morning. Bless our Mom for our baby books. Love T

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a blessing to still have Raffy! Wish I still had my "Little Bark".

You certainly were a cute baby, Heidi!

I LOVE those old crib decals. My crib probably had them, too. Do you know anything about them?