Sunday, December 28, 2008

McCall's - Betsy and Christmas

When my sister came over on Christmas Eve day, she showed me this great magazine she had gotten recently "McCall's Christmas Make-It Book", from 1958. It contained the three delightful pages (among many others!) that you see below inside:


Besides loving the picture of the 8 inch vintage Betsy dolls in their handmade clothing, I knew that something looked familiar, and I went into my drawer and found this page from McCalls Magazine December 1958 issue:
...which I had only because it happened to be on the reverse side of this page from my stash of Betsy McCall pages that I often display with my decorations for various holidays:

And then, the next day, guess what I got for Christmas from my other sister?? This original Betsy pattern!
How cool is that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flashback, instant recognition!! My mom had the pattern of the stockings pictured on the Whimsical Finale page. I believe one of my first attempts at making a stocking was using the red and white pattern. Can't remember if I actually finished it though!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Very cool and fun, Heidi!

You asked the name of my antigue book and I forgot to answer you. It has 2 different names: A Double Sory And The Lost Princess. Not sure why it has 2 names??? It's not easy to get info on old books!

Have a great day!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, that is very cool! That pattern is Awesome! Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

It is always fun to find the perfect present for the perfect person. Glad it could be so great it made your blog. :-) Love T

yosemite faith said...

i had a betsy mccall doll and lots of clothes too - but it was no where to be found when i was going thru things my mom had saved - i found out while she was still alive she was giving lots of my things away and i asked her to not do that until she asked me first. i looked everywhere and then my sister in law said oh i have lots of stuff in different places. so i guess it is a mystery - why i don't know. you are so lucky to have those things and the places to keept it.