Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Vintage Christmas Postcards - My Recent Finds

Although I already have quite a few, I simply cannot resist a lovely vintage postcard. I'm finding myself lately drawn to those with more unusual colors than some of the others I have. Like pink:
And this pretty blue:More pink, with my favorite silver this time:
And these last two -I had to get both, they make such a pretty pair. I even found a mat and frame for this one:
This one doesn't have a frame - yet. I love the blues and the Art Nouveau style detailing on these:
So pretty!

4 comments:

jungle dream pagoda said...

They are truly beautiful! I think they are also wonderful inspiration for non traditional color schemes for x-mas! The 1st one is my fave!

Tina Dawn said...

I was the very lucky ebay buyer of an old historic postcard about a month ago. The seller sent it with 3 approximately 100 year old Christmas postcards as a stiffener. They are just adorable, and I was thrilled! I love your differently colored ones. It is always fun to look at the different art work on the old cards. Love T

Anonymous said...

Those are so pretty, and really unusual. I love those colors, too. Yours look great together. I think I'd have trouble putting those away after Christmas!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh that last one is gorgeous! Twyla