Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fab And Funky Finds

I get a major kick out of finding vintage Takahashi items from the 70's! I was VERY happy when I spotted this owl memo holder:
A cool vintage canister for Odds And Ends (and Miscellaneous Things & Goodies, Etc), and I like the colorful graphics on the Sunsweet prunes tin:
This farm canister is in pretty rough condition; I like it anyway:

A vintage Macrame book and two Pyrex pieces:

Another vintage candle holder - and no, I do not have enough already:

An adorable vintage teddy bear nursery lamp:

A pretty, and heavy glass "crystal" lamp:
A very cool wine rack:
I think it has mid-century vibe:
And last, but not least - a Cootie game!

Do YOU have Cooties? :) :)

8 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

No, I haven't had Cooties since I was little! Cool stuff Sis. Love T

jamie@midcenturymania said...

Where did you find the owl note holder? Wow, I love that! Great stuff.

Unknown said...

I love the owl note holder too, so striking! I'd love to know more about Takahashi.

Heidi Ann said...

Hi Suki! I don't have a lot of information about Takahashi, just that it is/was a company that made and/or distributed items, all or mostly made in Japan, back in the 60's and 70's. And it just happens that I LOVED their stuff back then - and I still love it. Another favorite company was Counterpoint, which i have also written about numerous times in my blog posts. Cool and colorful, often quirky items that put a smile on my face when I find them. They remind me of my younger days.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your reply Heidi Ann. I also love objects that remind me of my childhood!

(I write about that kind of thing on my blog too sometimes, like here: http://theowlclub.blogspot.com/2009/09/intimate-archeology.html)

I will look out for Japanese household things from th 60s and 70s - I really love that style. I'll be following your blog from now on too!

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

LOVE both the lamps! I've got a real "thing" for lamps & have way too many! Also would LOVE to have that Cootie game! My sister & I spent many hours rolling the Cootie dice on rainy days. I remember that and a game called "Uncle Wiggly" as our first board games. Very nice finds. (Now, would you be a pal and tell me to get the heck off here & get busy sweeping up the monster dog fur dust bunnies that have accumulated in the week I was gone! - Please :- )

Tanyabell said...

That is such an OLD cootie game...how cute!!! :D

Anonymous said...

We played The Cooties game just like this in the 60s...the new version just isn't as fun...guess, they think little kids will choke on tiny pieces.