Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Serendipitous Purchase? Perhaps...

I purchased this lovely butterfly fabric last Friday at a yard sale held at one of my favorite local places, Cover's Apple Ranch in Tuolumne.
Only after I got it home and checked it out more carefully did I see this on the selvage:

The very next day, I got the call I had been hoping for.
It was from Jo-Ann Fabric And Craft Stores: I'm hired! They are opening a new store here in my town, and I had gone for an interview the Wednesday before.
Oddly enough, before I even applied, but after I had told Lori I was planning to do so, SHE applied, and got hired to work at the new store they are opening in Folsom, California. The day she went to her orientation, she called to tell me they were holding a Job Fair here on that very day! I didn't know about it, and I wouldn't have, had she not gone to her orientation on that day. The Job Fair was not advertised; and I had to do some scrambling to find out where it was. So,you see, she got the idea to seek the job from me, and then I found out about the job fair because she GOT the job - do you see how this all worked out?!
Quite the wonderful turn of events, I MUST say.
I'm excited!

7 comments:

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I'm so excited for you Heidi. Serendipity indeed! Congratulations to you and Lori. Hope you had fun thrifting this weekend. See you tomorrow.

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

HUGE congrats to you both! And what a chain of events for sure. Very pretty piece of fabric too. Has the new JoAnne opened in Folsom yet? Hope maybe to see you both some time!

Andy's Attic said...

Congratulations to you both!! Isn't it interesting how things have a way of working out in our lives? The little threads that sew things together...appropriate for your new jobs :>)
Annette

Tina Dawn said...

I am really proud of both my sisters, and JoAnne's is very lucky to have you! I love that fabric. Vickie, no it isn't open yet but very soon. I can't wait, they have great fabric! Love T

lorlore said...

It will be very fun having a Sis working at a similar store....... the stories we can share!!!!!!!

Kkgrammy said...

Hi Heidi, I am VERY EXCITED for you! can't wait to follow along and see how you are enjoying your new work... Congats!!

Diane Mars said...

Congratulations, I was thinking about applying there for a part-time job. I know I would love all the goodies! Hugs, Diane