Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Off Your Rocker?

We have a rocking chair similar to the one below, and we aren't really using it right now. It's a family piece, but I've never been too interested in it. But when I saw this picture in a magazine, I thought "Well, hey now..." If I had a cool looking custom-made pad for that rocker, I could really get behind it. Well - I mean, no - don't get behind it, that could be dangerous. At least, not when somebody's rockin'.

But, just think of the possibilities, with a great piece of colorful new or vintage fabric. Take that old rocker and make it look fabulous!
Well, maybe - if I could sew, and maybe if I had a pattern, then maybe I could make one. (I don't know, that's a lot of "maybes".)
Maybe you have one - and you could take it "off your rocker" and make me a pattern?
No? I didn't think so.
Oh, well. It was worth a shot.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

If you are patient and wait a bit, I bet you can find both a pattern and a fabric at Joanne's. I found your choice of subject interesting because just on Sunday, at my friend's home (and her name happens to be Joanne) she was showing me her old rockers which were getting rickety. She had made pads for the backs long ago because the spindles were uncomfortable without padding. She wants to replace them with rockers with webbing on the back since it is more comfortable. Her husband had made a nice fire in the little stove the chairs sit near and it was a cozy scene. Love T

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

My mom bought me one just like this to rock my babies (no glide rockers back then). It got a good workout for sure but I never really liked the style but it could sure be up-styled now! I would have never thought to do anything like this. What a contrast in styles but it works!