Friday, September 30, 2011

Lori's Family Reunion Vacation

I had a great vacation recently with the Ex's family. 7 of us flew from the West Coast to Charleston, SC., and met up with the rest of the clan at Murrel's Inlet, SC.
We rode to the Port of Charleston in a limo-type Van.
We went on a Carnival Cruise which was supposed to go to Bermuda. However, Hurricane Irene led us instead to Cozumel and Key West. I had not been to either so that was fine with me.
Here we are loading up:

One of our activities on ship - Dominoes:

In the dining room, at 2 tables, 16 were in our group:

Our waiters had a special song and dance for us each night:

Some of the awesome food we had; the prime rib was delicious:

This dessert was my favorite - fudge cake with a pudding underneath, served with ice cream:

Photo taken of the sky one night, off the side of the ship:

Great singing at the Piano Bar:

I roomed with a cousin, here are our cozy beds:

The Cabin Steward made an animal each night for our room from a towel or two:

My son's girlfriend Nicole and I in Cozumel:

In Key West, a group of us rented bicycles:

We biked to a few bars for refreshments:

Here we are relaxing:

Some great appetizers we enjoyed:

Our bikes parked across the street:

A stop at the southernmost point:

Back to the ship and heading home to reality!!!!

We all really enjoyed the trip and visiting with each other. If you haven't ever cruised you should try it, I love it!!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Thanks for the great photos. I was really concerned for you all those first few days. I am glad you were able to go and had a good time. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

It all looks so fun, relaxing - and yummy! I'm so glad you got to go on this vacation before starting your new job!

Amish Stories said...

I'm passing through some of the blogs and thought id stop and say hello. And i hope that you folks have a very nice fall weekend. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon Pennsylvania.