Friday, September 30, 2011

Lori's Family Reunion Vacation

I had a great vacation recently with the Ex's family. 7 of us flew from the West Coast to Charleston, SC., and met up with the rest of the clan at Murrel's Inlet, SC.
We rode to the Port of Charleston in a limo-type Van.
We went on a Carnival Cruise which was supposed to go to Bermuda. However, Hurricane Irene led us instead to Cozumel and Key West. I had not been to either so that was fine with me.
Here we are loading up:

One of our activities on ship - Dominoes:

In the dining room, at 2 tables, 16 were in our group:

Our waiters had a special song and dance for us each night:

Some of the awesome food we had; the prime rib was delicious:

This dessert was my favorite - fudge cake with a pudding underneath, served with ice cream:

Photo taken of the sky one night, off the side of the ship:

Great singing at the Piano Bar:

I roomed with a cousin, here are our cozy beds:

The Cabin Steward made an animal each night for our room from a towel or two:

My son's girlfriend Nicole and I in Cozumel:

In Key West, a group of us rented bicycles:

We biked to a few bars for refreshments:

Here we are relaxing:

Some great appetizers we enjoyed:

Our bikes parked across the street:

A stop at the southernmost point:

Back to the ship and heading home to reality!!!!

We all really enjoyed the trip and visiting with each other. If you haven't ever cruised you should try it, I love it!!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Thanks for the great photos. I was really concerned for you all those first few days. I am glad you were able to go and had a good time. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

It all looks so fun, relaxing - and yummy! I'm so glad you got to go on this vacation before starting your new job!