Saturday, September 24, 2011

Models From The 70's - Season Hubley


I wish I could have found more photos of Season; she's so adorable. I loved her short haircut. The picture above is from an ad for Cover Girl Clean Make-up from 1972. Here she is again on the left in the photo below:



All of the pictures above are from fashion layouts found in my vintage Seventeen magazines. The one below is from an advertisement for Clairol Frost 'N Tip. (All are from 1971.)

Season later became an actress, as well - and , in fact, she even had a role on "All My Children", in 1992 (as Angelique Marick) which, I am sad to say, aired their very last episode on ABC television yesterday. I watched it for years, and I'll miss it.
( I don't watch "TV" online, so I'm not planning to go there.)
Farewell AMC, it's been fun.)

7 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I always thought Season was so cute! She starred in a show that didn't last too long, in the 80s or 90s? as the mom, I can't remember the name, too long ago. She was still really cute! I was only a "when-I-am-at-Heidi's" watcher of AMC, but I am sorry to see it end, because I remember when it started, I was a very young newly wed in an apartment complex in So. Cal. and it seemed like every lady at home during the day was watching it. It is the end of an era for me. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I can't believe AMC is gone. Always my favorite soap. Twyla

Stacey said...

I remember that Clairol ad as clear as a bell! So funny to see something that I haven't seen in years, and then to remember it so clearly!

Val said...

Yes--the end of an era with the end of daytime soaps. My mom watched Guiding Light from the time she was a kid and still can't believe it's off the air.

And I always love colorful dresses and tights. Great old ad!

Maureen McCabe said...

I came looking for a picture of Season. I remember her from a movie in the 70s, called 'She Lives' I believe. I got my long hair cut off in about 1973 in hopes of looking like her. I remember that Clairol ad!!! I don't think I realized she was on All My Children.

Ken said...

From her appearances on "Family" to her Jim Croce introducing "Time In A Bottle" in her starring role in "She Lives" with Desi Arnez Jr., Season Hubley was simply the prettiest face on television. I think she would have been a bigger star had she not made some bad role and relationship choices. Still love looking at that face all these years later though.

Evelyn said...

It's interesting that none of the official venues (i.e. IMDB, wiki, etc.) mentions Season as a model. I recognized her in movies first in Escape From New York which I only saw a few years ago. I knew I had seen her before and was unaware of her being a soap opera actress. I remember seeing the T.V. drama with her playing Priscilla Presley and knew she looked familiar but I couldn't figure out why! LOL. Thanks for putting up the info about her modeling career. I remembered her in Seventeen Magazine and always wondered what happened to her. I thought she would become a supermodel she was so popular in that magazine.
The Castle Lady