Friday, November 14, 2008

Thrift Shop LP's

Last week I went to a new thrift shop with a friend. They had vintage record albums LP's for 25c apiece! That is the cheapest I have ever found them anywhere - I've paid more at yard sales! These are some of my favorites:
I didn't have this Bing Crosby one, and I have quite a few!
I was really happy to find this one, with more unusual artists, including the Baja Marimba Band, Claudine Longet, Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass, Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66, and Burt Bacharach!
Now I just need one of those great Crosley Composer machines that let you record albums onto CD's. Yeah, right - that's not happening. That's all right, I'll listen to them on my record player. And I'm going back to that shop to take another look through their albums.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

You found some great ones. I love the Baja Marimba Band! Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Congratulations on your wonderful finds! Twyla

Elizabeth Fedorko said...

Oh my hubby has one of those machines! You know I used to work in a record store back in the day when 8-track tapes were in their way out and then CD's began. Those covers bring back some really goofy and fun memories!~~~XXOO, Beth

Missa said...

Wow, awesome deal! I LOVE looking through old records at thrift stores. I always want to buy them for the covers... I don't even own a record player.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

You have a fascinating blog! I spent way too much time reading through these, I need to get back to work....

thanks for asking about the blue deer. I might sell it later on, I tend to keep my collections flowing and changing.