Thursday, January 15, 2009

Profiles

I found something at a thrift store last week that I liked because it reminded me of this - part of January's image on my calendar featuring Alphonse Mucha artwork:
and these, which are portions of pages from my fabulous Peter Max Poster Book circa 1970:
And this antique sheet music that I have shown you before:
So this is what I found. Somebody's pyrographic artwork, undated and handpainted. For 50 cents, I had to have it.:
And in the same shop, I found this Walter Foster art book. I'm not an artist, but the cover was so gorgeous, I had to buy it, too. Besides, I just love it when I find an older item and the price is exactly the same as it was when purchased new. One dollar.
Beautiful.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've always loved Peter Max!

Pearl said...

Fantastic Thrift Treasures, indeed... so Fun to see!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Huge Peter Max fan here. Great finds!
♥, Susan

yosemite faith said...

i had the puzzle of the first peter max you showed on this blog. they also had peter max tights and i had a purple pair. love him! thanks heidi!

Tina Dawn said...

Love the pyrographic art work! Too bad it isn't dated. What a great find. Love T