Saturday, May 30, 2009

A World Of Good Eating

My sister found this sweet little spiral bound cookbook at a yard sale - "A World Of Good Eating" Copyright 1951 by Jack Frost Studios:
Each chapter has recipes from a different country, with the most adorable illustrations as chapter title pages:
The illustrations are by Ellen A. Nelson:
"Tested in the kitchen of a New England housewife"...
...."and Published for the Enjoyment of Many American Families"
But the best part is...

...my sister already had another one, so she gave this one to me!!
Thanks, Sis!

5 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

This is an absolutely adorable cookbook! I love the illustrations. What a nice sister. Have a nice weekend! Twyla

yosemite faith said...

this really had your name on it!!! great gift for you - great sister to have!

Anthony said...

Neat! I like the illustrations, especially with the color palette used. I can't quite tell, but it looks as if they were water colored. They certainly have a very soft feeling to them.
Do you think you might try some of the recipes out on your husband?

Tina Dawn said...

Looks yummy, and I am waiting for a third copy to arrive in our family. Love T

Queenly Things said...

I have this little book, too and I adore the illustrations. I just thumb through the book trying to come up with some clever idea to use them.