Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Crafty Stuff

Sister Lori here: I have always loved crafting. I am not sure when it started but I did learn sewing from 4-H. I sewed most of my clothes in high school. My favorite thing to do was look at patterns and fabric. After school I learned other crafts.
My most recent favorite is stamping and scrapbooking.
Here is a birdhouse ornament I made last Christmas:

This is an altered Rolodex:

Since I worked for the Post Office, I found some crafts for stamps. I laminated these stamps of classic books together to make bookmarks. I also used to laminate other stamps for earrings.

I have also enjoyed beading lately and made these Christmas tree earrings for gifts last year:

Thanks to Twyla and Lindsey of Two Crazy Crafters for the tutorial on these scrapbook paper bows I used on a gift this year.

I guess I will never stop crafting something. It's very fun to create and to give homemade presents. It's the thought that counts!!!

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

The things you make are lovely, and you always send the very best Christmas cards. I still have the postage stamp earrings you made of angel stamps. And the patchwork fabric mirror. And the celestial nightlight, etc. etc. etc. It is nice to have a crafty sister. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Lori, your bows look beautiful! So glad our tutorial was useful to you! I love your idea for the laminated stamps as bookmarks! Thank you for showing us your crafts. I loved seeing them! Happy New Year! Twyla

Anonymous said...

i have some of your earrings as well. the christmas tree beaded ones are very very cute!! i have lots of my favorite stamps saved - hoping someday to laminate them - kinda like 'dog tags' for a necklace or bracelet or something.....you do good work. oops forgot to sign in.....duh.....faith

Anonymous said...

Those bows are really pretty. Are they hard to make for those of us who are eh hem.... "craft impaired?"