Friday, April 2, 2010

Disney Music (And Disneyland!)

We managed to sneak in another visit to Disneyland when you weren't looking. We were there last week. The weather was perfect. It was pretty crowded because of spring break, but we managed just fine. Hey - I don't have a lot to complain about when I am in my Happiest Place! I thought I'd combine a bit about our visit in with a few of my Disney albums, etc. Because you may already know that I LOVE me some Disney music!! We got to go see The Enchanted Tiki Room:
And It's A Small World:
And the Haunted Mansion:
The beautiful Sleeping Beauty Castle:
Where this beauty slumbered:
We made a point of getting a picture of the window dedicated to Fess Parker:

Still hard to believe he's gone:

Storybook Land was so pretty and green. This is the village where Alice lives:

Alice learned a lot from the flowers, you know:

I took this photo below because the poppies in the beds at California Adventure park reminded me of my crepe paper flowers. "You can learn a lot of things from the flowers....all in the golden afternoon":
This doesn't have anything to do with Disneyland exactly - but I just recently found a copy of this sheet music. I have wanted one for so long! I love it. And the whole bonnet theme fits right in with Easter week, right?
How beautiful are those pink blossoms behind the marvelous statue of my beloved Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse?
Have a happy Disney day!

6 comments:

Jennifer D said...

Oh you lucky girl!
I make sure I visit the Tiki Room every time I go to Disney because I love it and I am sure they will tear it down some day, or ruin it like the treehouse.
That sheet music is fantastic. I remember the cartoon it was used in,both of those loving hats end up on lovin' horses heads.
I just saw the new "Alice in Wonderland" and I highly recommend it...your storybookland made me think of it;-)

jamie@midcenturymania said...

Sounds like a fun-tastic trip you had my friend. I love the statue of Walt and Mickey. It sort of chokes me up.

Tina Dawn said...

Loved this post. Alice Blue Bonnet is as lovely as ever even if she isn't a Disney character! I can just look at your pictures and imagine being at Disneyland, even though its been about 9 1/2 years now for me. The Fess Parker window is great! I always want to shrink down like Alice and go to all the houses in Storybook Land, and get out of the car and frolic with the ghosts in the haunted mansion. Thanks for taking me there in my dreams. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i can't think of disneyland without thinking of you heidi ho. glad you got to make the trip. of course a good time was had by all. i am sure there were enough that we might get yet another post with more pics later?

Anthony said...

Aw, man!... You were just in town, again? And you didn't look me up? Well, SHOOT! :(

Guess you weren't kidding about "sneaking" in another visit to Disneyland, huh? I really would enjoy meeting with you in person, someday. Even if it was only brief, like for coffee, or whatever. But don't worry, I'm not offended at all. I know how things like that can just sort of happen spontaneously. And when an opportunity to play in the Magic Kingdom pops up, you DON'T EVER want to miss it! ;)

Glad you had fun! Disneyland in Spring is such a wonderful thing! Hmm, that sounds like it should be lyrics in a song...

Unknown said...

Wicked cool albums. I used to have so many Disney records as a kiddo. Nice pic of Walt and Mickey!