Friday, June 17, 2011

Towel Togs

Just for fun today - I found directions on how to make these cute beach cover-ups from towels in a Better Homes And Gardens magazine from 1938:
And I also found this terry cloth cover-up, made from towels, that I had torn out off a magazine back in 1979:

I just thought it was kind of fun to compare the two - similar ideas, 41 years apart.
(If, by any chance there is anybody reading this who is interested in seeing the rest of the directions to make the 1938 "togs", I could scan them and e-mail them to you if you like. Just send me an e-mail - rather than a comment, or better yet, do both! - from my Profile page, and ask.)

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very cute. I can imagine our 8 year old mom wearing that to the beach. (If Grandma sewed, which she didn't). I think one would be good for just after a shower too. Great post. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, these are fun! I especially like the ones from '38! Have a nice weekend! Twyla