Saturday, July 23, 2011

Then And Now #81 Lipton Iced Tea

I found another Jane Wyman ad - I KNEW I had seen another one. No matter, I wanted to do a post about Lipton Iced Tea anyway.
So here it is "Then", back in 1948:
I think this one is from the sixties:
And the 70's (sorry, I forgot to make a note of the year when I took my pictures!)We used to make sun tea by the gallon when we were growing up.

I don't drink as much tea now because I'm very sensitive to caffeine. But sometimes, I do have decaffeinated, and when I do it's nearly always Lipton that I want (unless I'm in the mood for herbal tea).
So, as always, I leave you with the 'Now", two packages of Lipton Tea that are in our kitchen cupboard right now:

I truly do think of iced tea as one of the most refreshing drinks for summertime. Do you?

5 comments:

lorlore said...

Lately I enjoy the green tea, with lemon flavor, sugar free, of course. After the days of the gallon jar sun tea, I had a Mr. Coffee tea maker and then I would add some Crystal Lite lemonade to it for a refreshing 'Arnold Palmer', half tea, half lemonade!! I love that drink, most restaurants know what it is, if you ask for it.

Tina Dawn said...

I love iced tea, unsweetened, and nice and strong. I used to make sun tea all the time but only make it once in a while now because of the caffeine. I really like it though. Great ads. Love T

Elizabeth Holcombe said...

Now, you know, my friend, being from the South I love me some iced tea! My Aunt Lucy made sweet tea that was like syrup but oh so cold and wonderful in heat like we've been having lately!~~~XXOO, Beth

yosemite faith said...

yes i do!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I was raised on tea and we still drink plenty of it. Love all the new flavors that Lipton has come out with and their green teas, too. Right now we are loveing Cranberry Pomegranite. Twyla