Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Thrifted Goodies Again

Here I am again with my latest finds from the thrift shops; beginning with one of my faves - an adorable anthropomorphic apple hook:
This was all rolled up with a rubber band so that you could not even tell what it was:
Glad I took a closer look to find this gorgeous stitchery piece, ready to be made into a pillow:
I lucked out when I found this beautiful blue pottery lamp on half-price day, and I also love the blue and green striped Holt Howard mugs, blue enamelware bowl, and pretty placemat:

A couple of Pyrex pieces, one of which was perfect to hold my tomatoes from the farmer's market! A Vera tea towel, gorgeous platter and a chintz remnant in a lovely autumn floral:
A little house shadowbox, a vintage Nuway knife holder, a sweet little girl's pattern from the 60's, and a cute, brightly colored tablecloth:
The last photo has a pair of Vera pillow cases in the background, a great yellow enamelware mug, and some nice brown bump chenille - I never find bump chenille!
Stay tuned, folks - as there is sure to be more where these came from!

4 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Good morning, Heidi! Wonderful finds! I especially like that stitchery piece. Fantastic! Have a great day! Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

I love that you found a knife holder and the little girls' pattern is really cute! Love T

Cassy said...

That apple hook is surely a best buy!

Cass from Electric Bass Guitar

Mary said...

Love your blog; I used to live in that part of California and loved it.