Saturday, October 12, 2013

Different Kinds Of Finds

I have an odd assortment of finds to show today. A lady at a thrift store the other day actually looked at my stuff I was buying and said "You have an odd bunch of stuff there." I wasn't offended or anything, but I said back to her "Well, I'm an odd person." I really meant "unusual" rather than "odd", but whatever. Apples and oranges - you know.
Or rather, as shown below, a banana and some assorted vegetables:
Here's a cute little daisy desk set:
I love picking up pretty linens for a song - and I also like mixing and matching them in combinations other people might think odd - like the placemats and napkins you see below:
This set of six pretty glass tumblers with an etched design still had the original $36.00 price tag on them, and they were in a little wrought iron caddy to boot:
I only paid $2.00 for the lot, and they cleaned up very nicely:
( I put another set of glasses in the caddy/carrier and put them in the shop last week):
Found a sweet floral pattern box. I can definitely use this - I NEED boxes that hold patterns!
 I find a lot of vintage stitchery kits. Here are just two examples; I simply don't have pictures of the others to show you...yet:


And I close with more vegetables, on this vintage curtain valance that I am planning to use on one of my windows:
That's it for today, folks.
(No,  this is NOT the stuff the lady was talking about.
And yes, I LIKE being unusual - who wants to be like everybody else?)

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

I love the cherry glasses, very nice! Love T