Thursday, November 28, 2013

Count Your Blessings This Thanksgiving Day

Here's wishing all of you the greatest of blessings and thankfulness, as we gather together to celebrate this special holiday with family and friends.
 With the exception of the addition of whatever Thanksgiving decorations I manage to glean from thrift shops and the like throughout the year, my Thanksgiving decorations do not change a whole lot from year to year.
Turkeys of all shapes and sizes adorn the dining room buffet. 

The two little turkeys below were a lucky find this year ; they pair sweetly with my little Gurley pilgrim:
 The huge hand -painted  turkey platter made in Italy seen in the next photo is my favorite - it belonged to my in-laws and will remain in this house always - the star of the show! (And I am also rather fond of my large Salvation Army ceramic turkey you see in front of it):
 The one below is a pretty good match for that one - it's another find from a few months back. It actually is a covered dish - I could serve gravy in it, I suppose:
The little turkey salt and pepper shakers in the final photo were found at Sur La Table last year after Thanksgiving, and were marked down 75% or more. Lori bought a pair, too: 
Happy turkey day to you!!

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Got home too late last night to call. Enjoyed a lovely dinner at Joanne and Bruce's, it was fun meeting new people. One lady went to school with Donna. Still a small town world. Love your wooden turkey in the last shot. You have so many I am surprised you didn't have a mutiny on your hands! Love T