Saturday, February 22, 2014

Thumbelina Pops Up

I think pop-up books are pretty cool. Occasionally, I find them at thrift shops.
Thumbelina, printed by Hallmark, was just too cute to pass up:
So tiny that she can sit inside of a flower:
Or atop a lily pad:
She meets a little mouse family:
Soars over fields on a swallow's back:
And finds some new friends!
I could not find a date at all inside of this beautiful book.
(Story retold by Dean Walley, Design by Frances Yamashita, Paper Mechanics by Bruce Baker. You did an outstanding job, gentlemen!)

2 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

I have never seen those types of books. How adorable! Thank you for sharing that.

Tina Dawn said...

Very cute! I always loved the story of Thumbelina. Didn't you have a top that had Thumbelina inside of it? Or am I dreaming? Love T