Monday, March 10, 2014

Patterns From The Past: McCall's 2592 - Ruffled Skirt & Peplum Blouse

Here's a cute pattern from 1970, McCall's # 2592, which I found in a vintage McCall's pattern booklet.
A skirt in either full-length or midi styles, with a ruffle at the hemline, and a cute blouse with a peplum and a sash at the waist.
The two are modeled below with what were called "Granny" boots back then:
And seen on the front of the pattern below, you could choose the floor length, which they paired with a simple white blouse and a cinched belt. I love the hairstyle in the drawing on the left.
I like the way the the midi version is depicted on the pattern, with the skirt in a solid green and the blouse in a floral print with a black background and black boots to complete the look:
A very sweet, old-fashioned style.
 I like it.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I like it to! I have always loved floral on black, so pretty! Love T

Diane said...

I had a pair of red granny boots-- loved them!