Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Miscellaneous Finds From Recent Thrift Store Forays

First up today, I have some assorted sets of nesting dolls:
Little "families", if you will:
They were simply too sweet to pass up - and , you know, they do not take up much room - especially when they are all "nested" together:
Another vintage suitcase:
And how much did that suitcase set me back, you might ask?
A mere fifty-cents.
(I know.)
 Digging it.
This adorable Hallmark recipe album featuring the wonderful artwork of Betsey Clark was never used.
 It still has the blank recipe cards in the back:
I love this little tea bag holder, with it's calico countryside scene.
(Guess I should have cleaned it up before I took the picture):
I found two vintage Russian lacquerware cups, and a pyrography napkin holder that is marked Made In Croatia:
And one more vintage item - this pretty and practical hand-painted wooden holder that is just perfect to hold my felt pens:
Some of these things were actually found at a flea market, but I don't have a separate label in my post categories for flea markets and yard sales, so I just lump them all together as "Thrift Finds".
Same general idea - you know - cheap!
Just the way I like 'em.

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Nice finds. I really like the first set of nesting dolls. Love T

Annette said...

Good job! I never find the nesting dolls with the whole bunch inside. And I don't see those old suite cases around here much.

Jill said...

I have that Betsey Clark recipe folder, I was still in high school, someone gave it to me for Christmas, I've been carrying it around all this time! Lucky you to find it intact!!

Rosie said...

Great finds! I love that you call them "felt pens!" Nobody else calls them that! I grew up calling them that but now everyone says "markers." Maybe its a California thing....I live in Missouri now. ;) love rosie