Friday, March 20, 2015

Patterns From The Past: For Spring - Simplicity 9890, A Two-Piece Dress

"For Spring: The New Two-Piece Things", we have, on the first day of spring, the lovely Shelley Hack modeling this two-piece dress, made from Simplicity pattern number 9890:
Young Contemporary Fashion, from Simplicity, (circa 1972) a "two-piece dress".
 (Also known in some circles as "a jacket and a skirt"):
I must admit, I like the version Shelley is wearing up top the best, with the black collar and cuffs added to that pretty floral fabric against a black background.
 Very pretty!
And the back of the pattern again:
What are YOU wearing to celebrate the arrival of spring?

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love the print on the Shelley dress. There is something about floral on black that always stands out. I didn't wear anything special yesterday, I let the gorgeous weather stand out instead! Love T

Diane said...

I remember that as a popular style. I had a similar outfit in about 1976 that my mom made.

GSGreatEscaper said...

For the first day of spring I wore a camisole, a turtleneck, a fleece pullover, my omniheat jacket, a hat, gloves and my UGGS.

Anonymous said...

I love that blonde in the pleated skirt outfit!