Saturday, April 25, 2015

Colorful Textiles

I just can't seem to resist a colorful piece of fabric, whether it's a remnant or something somebody made, it seems that if the price is right, I will pick it up!
A few examples today - this first one appears to have been a skirt in it's former life:
This is a gorgeous (and large) throw or table runner:
A friend of Lori's gave me the cute little zippered bag below, and I found the gorgeous stitched piece at a thrift store:
Someone did some pretty cross-stitching on this pillow case:
And more pretty needlework here on this sweet tea towel:
I love the bright flowers on this fabric:
And I couldn't resist this one either, in a different color combination:
Remnants can always be used to make pillows, and sometimes I find enough to use as a small table cover.
Add a spot of color to your home, for very little money.
Sounds like a good plan to me!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

All of them are very nice. Love the stitched piece. I find too that fabrics always seem to catch my eye when I am thrifting. Love T

Sunnyana said...

I am always drawn to anything bright and colorful. What a great collection. The 1st & 3rd photos look like they are Mexican or Guatemalan. The embroidered items remind me of my grandmothers. I especially like the cross stitch flowers.

The Brittons said...

These are awesome! So happy and bright. Great finds!