Saturday, July 4, 2015

Mr. Jolly On The Fourth Of July

The toddler in the stroller says "Happy Fourth Of July!",
and so do I!
 Mr. Jolly, checking out the little boy in the next picture, says,
 "Oh, dear! Listen to that drum!"
Listen to that drum, indeed, and every other instrument you can.

(I'll be listening to Stars and Stripes Forever, because that John Philip Sousa march is my favorite!
I have it on my phone, and I can listen over and over if I want.
And I just might.)

Perhaps you will be lucky enough to see or participate in a parade today, or perhaps enjoy an outdoor concert?
Is watermelon on your menu today??
While the cute kitty-cat naps (because, well, that's just what kitties DO),
 the lady with the blue purse, sunglasses and pink hat wonders,
"What shall I fix for dinner tonight?"
That's easy for me to answer.
We're grilling, of course.
 Have a wonderful day, everyone!
(From "Mr. Jolly's Sidewalk Market", a book by Laura Jean Allen)

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

I'll have some watermelon, thank you very much! These pages out of that book are SO cute. Love T