Saturday, February 13, 2016

Patterns From The Past - With A Little Help From Betsy McCall

Today's edition of "Patterns From The Past" features McCall's patterns from a Betsy McCall paper doll page out of a 1959 McCall's Magazine.
Betsy McCall Makes A Rainy Day Surprise:
 Her blazer and slacks are from pattern number 4728:
Perfect for riding her bike....
And here is the front of that pattern:
Betsy's flowered cotton shortie pajamas are pattern 4501:
Shortie pajamas - too cute - I remember them also being known as "baby-doll" pajamas when I was little::
Here is an outfit for Betsy featuring a pleated skirt and a top, from pattern number 4944:
And the pattern:
Pattern 4503 was the only one I couldn't find - her little play suit and shorts:
I love these old Betsy McCall paper doll pages.
Tina gave me a number of them for my birthday one year.
I used to cut them out and save them and play with them when I was a little girl.
I've written about them before; I wish I still had them all!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Love Betsy McCall. I know you are sad that you cut them out but that is what they were for, for little girls to play with. I just wish you still had them too, and I wish I had the ones I played with. Oh well! Love T

Diane said...

Very cute! That b & w pattern is adorable!

Thimblehappy said...



More on Betsy from Good Old Days... http://www.goodolddaysmagazine.com/newsletters-proofing.php?mode=article&article_id=5688&key=GDNL&tp=i-H43-6o-I7n-1p5Jja-1o-QNzN-1c-1p59a0-1rXLe7