Wednesday, April 13, 2016

California Looks Good to Me - Roses in Midwinter

Good morning, Tina here.


Years ago, I gave Heidi a present. It was a beautiful postcard that had been framed.


It showed some gorgeous Victorian homes with a rose hedge.


I loved that postcard, and ever after looked for one to keep for my own.


I looked in antique stores, at postcard shows, on the internet at postcard dealer sites, on ebay.


I found roses and old homes abounding on postcards, just not "the one". But I never gave up.


Two days ago I looked at my email and there it was, for sale on ebay with a Buy It Now tag, for a whopping $2.49!


My very own "California looks good to me. Roses in Midwinter." postcard. It was mailed in Pasadena to New York in 1910. And it's mine, all mine. I am going to frame it and no longer will I need to envy Heidi her lovely postcard.

5 comments:

Thimblehappy said...

That's beautiful, Tina. I'm happy for you! My Grandma Daisy used to travel from Illinois to Salinas (CA)in midwinter to visit us. She would always take home a bouquet of roses from Mom's garden to amaze her neighbors.

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, I am so glad you found one after looking for it for so very long!
I love yours- and I love mine.
And I also love every one of the others you shared here today

Larry Duncan said...

Heidi, have you changed your e-mail? I tried to send you a message, but it came back. Janet

Candice said...

I am so glad you found a postcard of your own. I probably would have borrowed Heidi Ann's card and scanned it and printed a copy to frame! I don't blame you for wanting to have one for yourself!

Anonymous said...

The big bungalow card was the Arthur Libby House on Orange Grove Blvd. In Pasadena 1905 architects Greene and Greene