Tuesday, May 17, 2016

More Vintage Vera Neumann: This Time, For The Table


Often times, while out "thrifting", I may find just a single cloth napkin.
If it's vintage Vera, that is fine by me:
 I actually found two of these vintage vinyl placemats with butterflies on them - they are on our kitchen table right now!
 And the pretty napkins you see below are for sale at the shop where I have a space (A. Flowers in Jamestown, California); I might have to buy them:
The beautiful boxed set in the picture below belonged to my mother-in-law, and I am very sorry that I sold it years ago.
I know.
 I don't want to talk about it:
 The sunflower napkin in the following photo was another single find.
It's shown atop a Vera tablecloth that is a particular favorite of mine. I've had it for years; it is very special to me because it belonged to my mom:
This table setting below features pretty Vera napkins in blue.
It was designed by Ellamay Barber and was featured in an article in The Los Angeles Times Home Magazine in September of 1966:
The next two images are a set of cloth napkins I found at a thrift store:

I had mistakenly included them in my last post about scarves, and I want to give a special thank you to one of our loyal readers, Diane for ever-so-politely bringing my error to my attention!

It's such a pretty set with bright flowers that pack a powerful punch!

And I will close today with one more single cloth napkin I found:
Often when I come across a napkin or place mat, they are only a quarter - so of course I bring them home!
How can I resist?

3 comments:

Diane said...

Thanks for the mention-- certainly not necessary! Love the one with the butterflies! "Tablescapes" have changed quite a lot!

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, what a lot of Vera! I remember that tablecloth, we always have loved our paisley! Love T

Past Pieces Vintage said...

One perfect (and they're all perfect) Vera napkin is worth more than 100 of those polyester monstrosities that pass for "napkins" these days :). Yes, I love Vera too! Any day that I bring that Vera logo home is a good day.