Wednesday, September 19, 2007

California Grown


Well, I just happen to be California Grown myself.
But that's not what this post is about.
I was just thinking about the fact that there are only 5 more weeks of our local Farmer's Market left this year, and I will miss it. I will miss the wonderful cherry tomatoes we buy from a grower in Angels Camp. And the beautiful strawberries, and red seedless grapes. And the yummy lemon-honey coated almonds, and sugar and spiced candied walnuts. And a lot of other great things. Because even though we can buy SOME of these things at the grocery store, we can't get all of them, and, anyway,they are not not the same!
The buttons in the picture were giveaways at the California State Fair. The Real California Cheese one is from this year. I love California cheese, but I think I also love cheese from any other state or country! And speaking of cheese, I just recently discovered one I hadn't seen before at the grocery store. It's from Sargento Foods in Plymouth Wisconsin, and it is REALLY good! I am trying to eat lower fat food, and I refuse to eat fat free cheese, but I do enjoy some of the reduced fat cheeses. So the new (to me) one I found is Sargento Reduced Fat Mild Cheddar 2% milk (shredded). I like it so much that I want to have it in the refrigerator at all times.
But I will also do my best to keep those California cows happy, too.

No comments: