Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Raggedy Ann


This is my beloved Raggedy Ann doll that I have had since I was little. She is not a traditional one, she has short blonde hair. The poor girl has certainly seen better days; one of her arms is missing, and she long ago misplaced her original little violet gingham jumper. I found this little dress and hat oufit with some doll clothes I bought from a friend, and thought it suited her just fine. I remember when my mother gave her to me, I was upset that she didn't have the heart that I thought all proper Raggedy Anns should have! So she painted a heart on her chest for me, and I was happy. Now she also wears a hand-painted heart pin that I wore on my wedding day.I love her today just as much as ever.
I recently saw a quote in a newspaper advertisement that struck a particular chord with me:
"If you don't grow up by middle age you don't have to."
James Gurney

Thank goodness for that.

2 comments:

Lorlore said...

She sure is a cutie! And I also love your pillows she's using to lean on!!

Anonymous said...

I just love the story about your Mom. I also wish I had kept my "Annie" too!