Friday, November 30, 2007

All That Glitters is Silver and Sparkly


I mentioned previously that I love art deco style. And I'm really drawn to black and silver or chrome to go with my vintage deco picture frames and antique vanity table items. Within the last month or so, I've found a few things. ( I THINK you may be able to click on the picture to see it enlarged - that may help. I am really sorry my photos are so bad - hopefully I will improve as this blog goes along!) I love the picture inside the Sinatra Christmas CD I got at Target. The disco ball mirrored ornaments were from OSH - they came out to just about a dollar apiece for the set of 6. I set one on top of a pressed glass candle holder from a thrift store. Sparkly! The little black shoe is an adorable ornament from Target with a vintage look. It will not be packed away after Christmas! I found a set of clear hand blown glass ornaments at a thrift store for $1, and set one of those atop another glass candle holder "pedestal". Then there's a sequined and beaded oil lamp ornament - it was silver and black- had to have it! It is sitting on top of a pretty ceramic bank in the shape of a vintage shoe - yep, silver and black. That was from the Hallmark store, a birthday gift from my husband (that I picked out). Sitting with them on top of the small white cake pedestal (thrifted, too) are some gorgeous art deco mirrored earrings in red, silver and black - another thrift find. Oh, and the little silver deer perfume bottle was $1. In the back on the right are silver ribbon ornament hanger loops from Target. So, it's not all Christmas,
but they just ended up on top of a dresser before being distributed elsewhere. If I could deck my halls exclusively in art deco style vintage or new Christmas stuff, I probably would. ( But I have too much other stuff!)

No comments: