Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Betsy In Black And White


I'm back to Betsy McCall again. Can't help myself. These outfits were from a McCall's Magazine paper doll page in the 1950's. See her cute little black and white dress and coat in the bottom corner? Well, below, you see small and large versions of vintage Betsy in a similar long-sleeved version. That picture and the one below are from this great book I have, written by Marci Van Ausdall titled Betsy McCall a Collector's Guide (published by Hobby House Press 1999). If you are a Betsy-lover, it is the ultimate!

This page shows the outfits in differing versions of the black and white gingham checked fabric. She's so sweet with her little black beret.

And this last picture is my very own Betsy in the same outfit! Except mine came with a little umbrella! Not sure where that came from, as it wasn't a part of her original outfit. I love it, though- it looks great as part of her ensemble!

Betsy McCall has to be one of the most adorable little dolls ever created, don't you agree?

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

She is so cute! I just want to pinch those little fat cheeks. Love T