Friday, March 14, 2008

In Your Easter Bonnet....


We have a couple of old trunks similar to the one above, but I was never lucky enough to find the perfect vintage Easter bonnet inside like this lucky little girl!
After my mother-in-law died, my father-in-law gave away almost all of her vintage hats! I didn't know anything about it until after the fact, and he had no idea that I would have been interested. (That was a bummer - I don't want to talk about it.) Only a few remained in the house, like this pink flowery number:

And this peachy (it's less orange in person than it appears here) floral explosion:

I, um, haven't worn either of those. These last two, below are more my style. They are two of my own vintage finds, and I have worn them to weddings. That fabulous fabric in the background with the turquoise straw boaters (!) trimmed with bright green ribbon is actually the back side of a small patchwork quilt I found on Ebay.

And I think little Heidi, below, by Madame Alexander, has the right idea with her pretty flower-trimmed hat, too!

In her Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it, she'll "be the grandest lady in the Easter parade!"

3 comments:

Monica said...

i have to get out my easter bonnet for next week and my white patent leather purse with matching shoes and white gloves

Mitzi - Vintage Goodness said...

I just passed on a handful of vintage hats at a sale this weekend, they were kind of squished. I don't know much about old hats, I wouldn't even begin to know what keywords and such to use to describe them... Very cool though!

Tina Dawn said...

Aw, come on Heidi, you'd look terrific in the pink one! Love T