Friday, December 31, 2010

From Me And My Cats

I bought this vintage cat bank online just recently. It's exactly the kind of thing that I have just been DIGGING on lately. A very groovy cat. Love his expression, love the colors, love that he's from the 60's or 70's.
And besides, he looks so great with this one I found at a thrift shop in Placerville earlier this year. I like his colors, too - and HIS sweet little expression:
And then there's Dizzy. He doesn't mean to be sticking out his tongue at you - really. He doesn't EVER do that - and one day he was sitting there and something startled him outside the window, and it was as if he simply forgot that his tongue was not inside his mouth - you know, where he usually keeps it! I figured there was no way he would keep it there long enough for me to go and get my camera, but he did. I didn't get a very good picture, though.
I guess you really had to be there - but, trust me, it was pretty funny.
Goofy little Dizzy Kitty.
So, from our house to yours - be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. And how ever you happen to celebrate it: Happy New Year's Eve to You!!

4 comments:

Jennifer D said...

Happy New Year's Eve to you! I love that "Chesire" cat, and your dizzy kitty too. That is a great photo.

Tina Dawn said...

I agree with Jennifer, that first one is definitely a Cheshire Cat. I was just thinking last night about a post again about my cats, Dizzy's cousins. Great finds, and a great tongue too. Love T

jamie@midcenturymania said...

Ahh Dizzy, you look so cute and you are in great, groovy, company. Happy New Year to all you cool cats and kittens.

yosemite faith said...

i cannot believe dizzy kept his tongue out long enough for that photo! too cute. dizzy is so special. love your kitty cat finds too. have a great new years. happy happy and merry merry to all.