Thursday, January 12, 2012

Barbie Dress Up Day #17 For Love Of The Ornaments


I was so happy that I was able to pick up some of the 2011 Hallmark ornaments after Christmas for 50% off! The only ones I collect are the ones with the vintage outfits on - I love them! So, for "Barbie Dress Up" today, I had to do the best I could - I don't have Ken's "Campus Hero" outfit, but I do have a blonde Ken (not the fuzzy-hair one, though!)

And I don't have the brunette bubble-cut Barbie, either, so I had to settle for a wig. I have the red suit, but it is looking pretty ragged. (Hey - I did the best I could!)

Here she is from one of the vintage booklets:
Since I don't have the real vintage clothes for him, here's a photo of Ken wearing the outfit instead - nice!
And here are two images of "Campus Hero" from the booklets, as well:
If only I owned more of the vintage clothes, I'd be more than happy to share them with you!

3 comments:

yosemite faith said...

i always wanted a barbie. thank goodness i have my see's barbies - one of which you got me and i found the see's barbie 'shopping bag' that they had when they were selling them.

Tina Dawn said...

I remember when the bubble cut barbies came out. My barbie had long brown hair in a pony tail, but she looked good in her striped bathing suit. Cute post. Love T

SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

I had no idea Campus Ken existed. What a hottie. hahaha