Monday, September 1, 2014

Sbicca In The 70's

Let's start off today with this Sbicca advertisement for the red, white and blue.
Well, the boots would be, if the ad wasn't in black and white:
Labor Day does signal the end of summer, even though we still have about three more weeks of it, technically.
Remember when school never started before Labor Day?
 Not any more.
So, keep on having "Summer Fun", if you possibly can......
I found all of these cool Sbicca ads in Seventeen magazines from 1971 and 1972.
Spanky:
Sbicca, with LOVE!
"Va Va" Boot:
Oooh - more sandals - for summer, you know....
And the Buckle Boot - nice, very nice!
One more boot, to lace up the sides.....
And we're done.
You know, with the exception of those brown wax leather sandals, which just simply aren't my style,
 I'll take a pair of every one of these.
 Oh, and I'd like those "Va Va" boots in EVERY color, please.
Thank you.

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I missed out on Sbicca, never had enough money to spend much on my shoes at that time. They sure would stand out! I wonder who the artist was? Love T

Annette said...

Had forgotten about Sbicca shoes and boots. Can't imagine getting boots now for $37!!

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of Sbicca growing up on the East coast,. I discovered them in 2001 when I moved to Hawaii. I love these American-made shoes that are such a quality product! Thanks for sharing!