Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tarot Cards

I found a  really nice (and complete) vintage deck of Tarot cards at a thrift shop:
I couldn't believe it when I spied them in a box with a bunch of regular, nondescript playing cards:
The label on the box?
 "Decks of Cards  25c".
Now, that's the kind of price I like!
I have been hoping to find some for a good while.
I don't know how to do a reading or anything like that.
I didn't buy them to USE them, necessarily.
I just like the colorful artwork on them!
Oh, and, well - I knew they were worth more than a quarter!
I see these same cards have sold on eBay for more than one hundred times what I paid for them .
And I was rather happy to bring them home.
(This particular set was "designed by Pamela Colman Smith under the instruction of Arthur Edward Waite",
 and was published by University Books, Inc.
Original price $5.00)

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Wait cards are one of the most popular for readings. They must be older, since most cards are $25 and up, and these were $5. Good find. Love T

moonshinejunkyard said...

SO COOL! Definitely one of my favorite kind of thrifted finds too. Lucky you!