Saturday, November 29, 2014

A Few Recent Thrift Finds

Today, I am showing you some of my favorite finds of late.
I found a bunch of these pretty canning jar lids and seals, and I just thought it would be fun to arrange them in the shape of a Christmas tree for my photo:
 This vintage bee brooch was just sitting there waiting for me in one of the display cases.
 He's a cutie, and his little wings move:
 I found the lovely little hobnail iridescent vase, below, at a Goodwill. I believe it's Fenton (Moonstone?).
 The price tag said $1.50, and I plucked it right off their little cart as they were setting things out on the shelves.
 They weren't even putting it up front in the "special vintage" section.
 Mine:
 And a great needlepoint and crewel-embroidered pillow cover:
I found a pretty little vintage canister in my favorite green and blue:
And a vintage Avon Lady tote bag, which was actually a yard sale find:
A vintage (with that "antiqued" vibe) No Smoking sign:
Oh, yes - and one more nice, heavy Scotch tape dispenser.
This one may not be a pretty color like my other two, but I will not pass these up. I like the idea of being able to tear off a piece of tape one-handed. These vintage ones are heavy enough that they don't move around on you. I decided to keep this one in the kitchen drawer - I don't even have to take it out of the drawer to get a piece of tape! Works for me:
I do love a nice, useful, "thrifted" item!

3 comments:

lorlore said...

Nice finds!!!! Gotta love our thrifts!!!!!

Jill said...

That little brooch is so sweet!!

Tina Dawn said...

Your little vase is like one I have that I dug up long ago in an old dump in Pleasant Valley, but mine is missing part of its base. Nice finds! Love T