Sunday, August 23, 2015

Just Some Pretty Fabrics And Trims From Thrift Shops

We'll begin today with one of the most gorgeous vintage packages of bias tape I've ever come across:
And a pretty remnant, shall I call it a calico with grapes?
And some nice floral bias tape:
 I always love trim with colorful embroidered flowers:
 This is either batik or a batik-style fabric - in an outstanding brightly flowered pattern:
Another bright fabric, in colors I love, below:
And one more calico with bias tape:
The last one is this fabric remnant with daisies:
Can you understand why I cannot seem to leave these types of trims and fabrics behind?
I hope so - but, if you can't, well, then I guess that's all right, too.

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I understand, I am the same way. Fabrics can be so beautiful! Love your embroidered flower trim in red white and blue! Love T

Deanna said...

I love the embroidered flower trim. I know my mother made us dresses with that trim!

Diane said...

Great patterns and colors! I've never seen patterned bias tape before which is surprising since my mother sewed A LOT back then.