Friday, August 21, 2015

More Vintage Betsy McCall Paper Doll Fashions

Here's another sweet Betsy McCall paper doll from the 1950's.
"I wear my bright red dress when I ride on the red horse on the merry-go-round".
Cute!
"I am Betsy McCall".
And you are adorable, Betsy.
"I wear my blue-and-yellow dress when I pick blue cornflowers to put in a yellow basket".
Yes, it's always a good idea to color coordinate your outfits with whatever you will be doing that day........
And I've saved this one for last, since it is appropriate for the beginning of school this week.
"I'm saving my navy skirt with the red blouse to wear when I go ...
  ...back to my big red schoolhouse."
And she's even got an apple for the teacher.
I love it.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Love me some Betsy McCall, and if that was from 1958, then I was getting ready to go to 2nd grade at a brand new school, Gold Oak Union Elementary. Not big and not red, and only one square building with four classrooms. No idea what I wore! Love T

Deanna said...

How adorable! Love that Betsy McCall!