Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Birthday Party


My birthday is next week, and I get to spend it at my Happiest Place - DISNEYLAND!! Yes, I'm excited.
The picture at the top is from one of my birthday parties circa 1960-something! Not sure which year, but I do remember my pink cotton dress with white eyelet trim! I'm the blonde, seated in the front row. One of my sisters is directly behind me, and second from right in the back is Marcia, one of my oldest and dearest friends. I think I even remember the names of all the other girls -if I'm right about them. But three of them are sisters, and dear old friends as well- so they're easy to remember! ( As usual, you can click on the image if you want to see it larger). The illustration is from A Little Golden Book "Happy Birthday".
I never really did completely grow up, and you know what? Some day, I wanna have me another real old fashioned birthday with sisters and girlfriends, and cake and ice cream. Unlike when I was little, I could care less whether presents are involved! But I don't think I've had a birthday cake for 11 years. I'm going to have one again someday even if I have to bake it myself. Please, some friends to help me eat it though, okay?

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

I think it is so cute the way you and Lori both have your heads tilted just alike in your birthday party photo. I was too much older to be included in the "little girls" party, darn it anyway! Have a little extra fun at Disneyland for me! Love big sis Tina (aka Annette)