Saturday, October 6, 2007

We Love You Daddy


Our beloved Daddy died 30 years ago today. He was only 53 years old. He was truly a wonderful man, and a wonderful father. I honestly don't think there was anyone who knew him who didn't like him. He had a great sense of humor and he worked really hard. And- he knew how to do virtually everything. He was a draftsman, a carpenter, an auto mechanic, a gardener, an electrician, a plumber, a great cook, a woodworking craftsman, a 4-H leader - and I'm sure I'm forgetting many other things! He added on to our house, and he put together a Volkswagen or two from parts. He was funny and nice and he and Mother instilled a great work ethic into their three daughters. I never got to tell him enough how much I appreciated him and everything he did for us. I did get to tell him I loved him. We all did, and we will never forget him.
We will miss him forever. And ever.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

He could type, he was musical, he liked Jackie Gleason. He loved his Mom and Pop, he put patchwork carpet (left over from his work) in his 1950 Ford Pickup truck (the truck which whistled when it went down the road, a different note for each gear). Heidi, your sisters just spent the day together garage sale-ing (and filled the car trunk!) and I at least didn't remember this was the day Daddy died. (But I really don't usually think about that, I remember him on his birthday instead... and of course every other day.) My favorite thing Daddy did was to move his family from Southern California to the Gold Country so he could raise his daughters in the country. Thank you Daddy! Love Tina

Anonymous said...

Heidi, what a beautiful tribute to your handsome father--I wish I could have met him. I know you loved him just as much as I loved mine! (and they were both sailors!) I just feel so very lucky, as I am sure you and your sisters do, to have had such a wonderful man for my Daddy.